War Memorial Hall
UPDATE 20th March 2020 - With much regret the hall management committee has made the decision to not accept any bookings either form one off hires or regular organisations until further notice. This decision has been taken in the light of government guidance regarding social distancing in the community. We are very aware that the activities in the hall provide a really important social hub within the village and we look forward to reopening the hall as soon as government guidance confirms it is safe to do so.
The High Halden War Memorial Hall was opened in 1921 and since then has provided a venue and facility for the residents of High Halden and its surrounds. The Hall is a registered charity (charity number 213310) and is run on a day to day basis by a management committee of trustees. The trustees are all volunteers and either represent a village organisation which uses the hall or who are elected at the AGM in October.
The governing document of the charity, dated 26th April 1955, includes the objective:
“The land with the building thereon………. to be used as a public or village hall for the benefit of the inhabitants of the Parish of High Halden and its immediate vicinity…..”
The management committee work to manage the affairs of the charity in line with the governing document and relevant legislation.