Light up the start of 2021
High Halden Village
2 messages from Pauline Rose and the church warden of St Mary's in High Halden
LIGHT UP ST MARY'S
Many of you will have seen our beautiful St Mary's Church lit up over recent weeks in memory of loved ones or to celebrate a special event. This happens every year over the Christmas season and costs just £10 per evening with the proceeds going to the church to cover the cost of the lighting with any surplus going to help run the church.
It has been decided to extend this through until the end of January - most dates are free after the 19th until the end of the month.
If you would like to sponsor lighting up the church for an evening you can contact Pauline by emailing her on [email protected] or by personal messaging her. You will need to let her know who it is in memory of or what is being celebrated plus let her have a short message which you would like posted on the High Halden Village Facebook page.
This is a lovely opportunity to light up this beautiful church and remember someone special.
People around the village have been discovering Christmas pebbles bringing a smile to many faces. This was started as a way to celebrate Christmas with residents being encouraged to:
- Find a suitable pebble (there are some available just inside the church)
- Let their creative juices flow - simple or more complicated
- Ideally use either Acrylic paint for your design, or cover with a layer of varnish or diluted PVA glue to keep them weather proof.
- Place your creation in a safe place ready to be found
- If you find a pebble, please take a photo of it and post it on the village face book page
- Then either keep your find, or replace it with your own for someone else to find.
Find High Halden Village
High Halden War Memorial Hall, Ashford Road (A28), High Halden, Ashford, Kent, TN26 3LY